Aug 24, 2009

First Day

I spent most of the weekend buying last minute school supplies and wading through the masses at Walmart, the only recession-proof store in the world. I haven't set my alarm all summer, but I'm happy to say that I was able to get up and function with only limited coffee intake! The girls ate Krispy Kreme donuts (a special first day treat) and happily posed for pictures:

A big thumbs-up from Ashley
Kate was a little nervous but ended up LOVING school!

My big second-grader, looking beautiful.

Here's to a great school year!

4 comments:

Elise said...

Hello, I had to leave a comment for you because you have such an incredible blog with an eye-catching and creative header shot! Beautiful pictures and writing; I've been really absorbed reading your posts. Thank you for sharing them and best wishes....

mysteryhistorymom said...

Your girls look so darling! What a wonderful first day of school! And Crispy Creme, too?! That's worth getting up for.:) Lori

Saucy said...

Our first day here is Monday! High school, eek!

If you'd like to take part in the Halloween charm swap I put the link on my blog to Etsy where I have put up a "Halloween charm bracelet kit" to purchase, that way I have registration info, payment and shipping from everyone. Hope it works! I've never used Etsy!

xoxo
Sasha

Saucy said...

Friend,

I hope you weren't disappointed, the swap filled up in less than two hours.

I am considering opening a second swap so if you would still like to take part, email me! I don't want to open another set on Etsy unless I know it will fill up!