Jan 2, 2008

Holiday Meme (Procrastinator's Edition)

Do you have a favorite gift that you love to give?
I love making purses! They allow me to use some of my growing fabric stash, and keep me from being too selfish and keeping them all (you can only carry one purse at a time, right?)!

If you’re making gifts this year, what are you making?
Rice Therapy Bag (vintage fabric)
Purses (lots)



This one was a gift to myself...

Skirt for my daughter (tutorial here)
Do you have any good stories about handcrafted gifts you’ve given or received?
My mother made a little pillow for my oldest daughter (now 9) when she was 10 months old. That pillow has been restuffed, restitched and washed probably hundreds of times since then, and is still her favorite, most cherished possession!

What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
We love having hot chocolate and watching all the holiday movies/specials/parades together as a family.

Have you started any new traditions with your family that you didn’t practice growing up?
Probably the big thing is our Christmas Eve snackfest! We forego regular meals that day and just snack on lots of finger foods. It's less stress for me and more time to enjoy each other.

What do you love most about the holiday season?
It feels like everything is magical for that brief period of time. The music, food, decorations, everything is just "dazzling" during the holidays!

What do you like least about the holiday season?
Trips to the mall or Walmart...probably the reason why handmade is better. Also, I always procrastinate on making gifts and then change my mind/run out of supplies. It always takes me twice as long to complete projects this time of year.

What is your favorite holiday food?
I love making/eating Peppermint Bark. It's simple and scrumptious! This year, I made these yummy cookies...so decadent! Too bad everyone claimed they were dieting and I had to eat most of them.

Do you have a great recipe to share?
Ooh, I have one for a yummy macaroni casserole:

One-Pan Mac n' Cheese Bake

2 packages (7 1/2 oz. each) Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

4 cups boiling water

1 cup milk

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, cut up

1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

24 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)

Preheat oven to 400 F. Spray 13X9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place macaroni in prepared dish. Stir in boiling water; cover with foil and bake 15 minutes, stirring after 7 minutes.

Stir in cheese sauce mix (from macaroni box), milk and butter. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and crushed crackers. Bake, uncovered, an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and crackers begin to brown.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

odd dotty said...

That was fun to read! Thanks. Also? I love love LOVE those purses you made. Well done!

SugarShop (Dena Rooney-Berg) said...

Wow, lots of pretty purses! Don't you love seeing them all together? Or is that just me LOL! Christmas Story is my all time fav!!! Happy New Year!!!